Artichoke Heart and Asparagus Spring Salad (1 serving)
- 1/2 TBSP Olivio Coconut Oil Spread (I swear, I'm not a paid spokesperson, but maybe should be)
- 4 spears asparagus, diced
- 1 TBSP pine nuts
- 1-1/4 cup canned quartered artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup northern beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1/4 cup scallions, chopped
- 1/4 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 TBSP fresh cilantro
- 1/4 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 TBSP Garlic Expressions Classic Dressing
- 1 TBSP fresh lemon juice
1. Heat the coconut spread (or butter or olive oil) over medium heat. Add the diced asparagus and saute for approximately 5 mins. Add the pine nuts and continue over heat until the nuts start to look toasted. Season with salt and fresh ground pepper.
2. In the meantime, in a medium-sized bowl, combine the artichoke hearts, northern beans, scallions, red bell pepper and cilantro. Use a grater to zest the lemon over top.
3. In a ramekin or small bowl, combine the juice of the lemon with the Garlic Expressions vinaigrette dressing. Give a quick whisk.
4. Add the asparagus and toasted pine nuts, as well as the lemon pepper seasoning, to the ingredients in the medium-sized bowl. Pour the dressing over the top and stir all the ingredients together. Season with additional salt and fresh ground pepper, if needed.
Calories: 385; Fat: 14g; Carbs: 44g; Protein: 17
Seriously, ENJOY! This salad is very well balanced with lots of different texture. It has 385 calories and 17 grams of protein so it is definitely packed with nutrients and the perfect sized meal!