Monday, April 16, 2012

Today is Going to be a Killer! Making the Most of ME-Time + Tone It Up!

On the days that I work, I find it very hard to cram in everything I want to get accomplished.  I only work 3 days a week but it can really put a cramp in my desired routine.  I get up at 5am, shower/get ready, make a smoothie and rush out the door.  I have long 12-hour shifts which most of the time is spent sitting on my butt at a desk.  9 flights of stairs gives me a mid-morning and mid-afternoon mini-workout.  Then when I get home, I rush to make something for dinner that will give me enough energy for a workout without bogging me down.  A big salad; grilled chicken with a veg; a quick throw-together pasta.  By the time my food has digested and I'm ready to work out, it's usually 9 o'clock or later.  P90X's daily routine's range from about an hour to an hour and a half.  I finish off my post-workout with a protein shake, take a quick rinse-off shower and drag my exhausted butt into bed (which is close to 11.)  If i'm working 2 or 3 days in a row, that cycle can be really grueling.

On my days off, however, I like to take my time but also spend it as productively as possible.

I almost always sleep in (10am is my usual); not productive, but I need to refuel this old machine.

I make breakfast, like today's:
Whole wheat English muffin, 1/2 TBSP Olivio coconut oil spread, 1/2 TBSP peanut butter, 1/2 banana
I catch up on my favorite blogs and research ideas for my own blog.

I sometimes catch up on a few of my DVR-ed shows, like this season's Bad Girls Club (yes, very guilty pleasure)

I look for recipes.  Lots and lots of recipes.

More recently, I look for new workouts.  Today I got my first Tone It Up Bikini Series email which took me to their blog.  Ever since Katrina and Karena's perfect physique pictures started popping up everywhere on Pinterest, I have been totally enamored with these girls: their work, their lifestyle (hello, they live in sunny, Southern Cali, travel around the world, can surf, skateboard, etc.  You name it, they can do it), their perfectly, chiseled and sculpted bodies.  They are just so darn adorable!

via
Ok, I might have a bit of a girl-crush.  Point is, I totally admire and respect the Tone It Up empire they are creating.  Today they talked about creating a Visualization Board to help you stay on track and keep the momentum going.  I really need to sit down and do this soon.  It is great to see a daily reminder of what you are aiming for.

I also watched a few of their Bikini Series YouTube videos.  I highly recommend subscribing to their YouTube account.  Lots of useful videos.  Today I'm going to do the Bikini Beach Bum and Bikini Strap workout.

And finally, they are also collaborating with Self Magazine for the Drop 10 Challenge.  Again, an amazing source of useful information.  Do these girls ever have a day off?  Ok, enough with my obsession  admiration with TIU.

It's already close to 1pm so I need to get the ball rolling....I'm also going to try and go for a 30 minute run even though it sounds like there's a massive wind storm outside.  When D gets home, it's the beginning of Week 5 of P90X/Phase 2.  We're supposed to be starting off with Chest, Shoulders and Triceps but we're currently missing that DVD so we're just going to do Chest and Back plus Ab Ripper X.

Holy cow, I've got a lot on my plate but I need it.  I didn't work out on Saturday or Sunday and I had a few adult beverages so I am definitely feeling the effects.  Wish me luck!

*J

No comments:

Post a Comment