Thursday, September 1, 2011

My Best Friend's Wedding

I cannot believe today is September 1st.  Where did the summer go?  Where did August go?  It was all a blur.  I was so consumed in wedding mania that I haven't had time to blog.  I've missed it.  But I'm back, so here's a recap from last weekend's wonderful soiree...

The Bride's beautiful wedding was perfect, held outdoors at The Historic Ambassador House and Gardens in Fishers, IN. 


All of the bridal party got airbrushed make up done by Kathy Moberly of Faces by KLM.  She did a marvelous job.  We all (and most importantly The Bride) looked like movie stars.


I found the perfect photographer for The Bride: Jeff Dillow Photography.  He was the epitome of professional: creative, playful and insightful.  I can't wait to see the results.

The ceremony was beautiful but the reception is where all the fun was had.... 

The food was provided by Edwards Catering (Edwards Drive In).  It was served buffet-style including fried chicken, potato wedges, broccoli salad and these out-of-this-world dinner rolls.  No pictures but just imagine the perfect home-cooked meal and voila, there you have it. 

The cake was made by Fefe's sister.  Beautiful!


As the Maid of Honor, I had to make a speech and toast the newlyweds.  I was so nervous but nothing a little bit of champagne and whiskey couldn't smooth over. 


I am so happy for the two of them.  I wish them many years and years of happiness.  I might've lost my partner in crime but I've gained a friend (The Groom) and a special niece (their beautiful 1-year old daughter).  I love you, sister!



No comments:

Post a Comment