Thursday, September 1, 2011

Death to my Corolla

On August 13th, I was on my way to Taste of the Trucks.  I had planned my whole Saturday around this fabulous event, dragging D along for the ride.  D decided he wanted to use the restroom before we got there so I headed north on College Ave to stop at the CVS.  Unfortunately we never made it.  More importantly, we never made it to Taste of the Trucks....


Boom! A guy flew through his stop sign at 62nd street and I slammed into him, totalling my Corolla (and his). Yes, my completely paid off Corolla.  Luckily everyone was okay minus some bruising, sore/stiff muscles and a possible minor concussion.  I had never experienced an airbag explode in my face and hope to never have it happen again.  It was one of the scariest situations that left me shaking; so much so that a beer and a shot didn't help much.  Yes, once my car was towed away, D and I met up with some friends and immediately bellied up to the bar.

So in the middle of planning for my best friend's wedding, working and taking care of our new home, I had to add "Look for a new car" to my list.  Just got the settlement check today so hopefully I will have something soon.

I'm hoping @IntelMediaGroup will be organizing a fall Taste of the Trucks.  I haven't been to a food truck in weeks and I miss them :( 

2 comments:

  1. Boo :( Sorry about your car. But, in an attempt to make you feel a little better, we did make it to the Taste of the Trucks. It was wicked packed and super hot and we waited in line for a while in the direct sun......and then, all the trucks started running out of food fast. We didn't get any food. It was cool to see all the people out supporting it, but it would've been cooler to have scored a little food. So...maybe that helps, just a little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG - I am glad that you're ok. I hope you find another car soon.

    ReplyDelete