Wednesday, May 18, 2011

What I'm Eating: Revisit Alert! Napolese

I know that it's only been about a month since I gushed and praised my first experience at Napolese but I already made my way back over the past weekend.  I knew that I wanted to take D there so when date night came up, I instantly threw out the suggestion.  We decided to go there later in the evening since it was a Friday night.  Once again, it seemed like we snatched up the last available table because even past 9pm, they were packed.  We were nestled in an intimate 2-top table in between a group of 4 on my left and another couple on my right.  The interior space is very cozy with romantic, dim lighting and soft music.  I got a chance to soak in more of the inside details: a great corner wine bar, eat-up seating near the open kitchen and the intricate, decorative tiling around the wood-burning, brick oven.

We had the same server, Keri, who was just as warm and inviting as before.  She dropped off a variety of olives for us to nibble on. Yummy!  I ordered a glass of pinot grigio while D stuck with a beer. 

Cheers
We debated on an appetizer but I decided I'd rather go with a dessert later on.  Their pizza comes with 6 exceptionally large slices so I knew that splitting one would be plenty of food for the 2 of us. We went with the Butler Tarkington Pizza (Italian sausage, red peppers and a basil-pesto sauce) although the Kessler Meridian was calling my name, too.  While we waited for the food, I asked D to do some stealthy undercover espionage by taking some pictures on his way to the little boy's room.  He reluctantly obliged. 

This was the only non-blurry pic D took
When our pizza came, our eyes bulged and we licked our chops like 2 rabid dogs about to pounce!  Just look at this amazing pie....
Seriously?!
A close up on the toppings
This pizza was so complex in flavors.  There was spicy in the Italian sausage, sweet and roasted in the red peppers and fresh, earthy notes in the zesty pesto sauce.  To quote D: "This is the BEST pizza I've ever had."  I would have to agree with him.  Napolese's pizzas are genius.  Their robust flavors even hid the fact that the center of the pizza crust wasn't fully cooked through.  I ended up only eating 1 slice and D ate 3, leaving us with 2 slices for the road.

Leftovers!!
Their cobbler flavor of the night was the rhubarb and wild cherry again which was so tempting but I went with the chocolate gelato instead.  D was completely stuffed and I was too but I was craving a sweet night cap. 

I think I closed my eyes to soak it in for a moment
This densely, rich cup of divine sweetness almost made me call it a night.  Anything else we would do would have been lacking in comparison.  I forced D to take a bite.  He had no regrets although did think it was a bit too rich.  I practically licked the bowl clean. 

This was a celebratory dinner that went just perfectly.  I cherish these special times together and was so excited that he shared my love for this wonderful restaurant!  We had a round of drinks, a pizza and a dessert for about $40 (including tip)  Next on my list, Petit Chou!


The Verdict: Out of 5 stars

Location/Atmosphere: **** Perfect for date night or time with the family

Service: ***** Keri kicked butt, again!

Food:***** Best pizzas in town plus seriously sexy desserts

Will I eat there again:  OMG, YES! If Napolese made a no-fat/no-carb/no calorie pizza, I'd eat there every single day!



Napolese
4901 Pennsylvania Street Indianapolis, IN 46205
317-925-2823

No comments:

Post a Comment